Monday 29 April 2013

M-E-S-S MESS MESS MESS!


This morning it was announced that the Jets released quarterback Tim Tebow. So now the Jets go from six QB's to five. Why they still even have five still amazes me and proves how big of a train wreck this organization is right now. Let's take a look at the five left on the roster. Also please enjoy the highlight reel at the top of the page.

David Garrard: At 35 years old he is the oldest QB on the roster. He had several somewhat successful years at Jacksonville including a big playoff win at Pittsburgh. He did not play a snap last year so as to why he has not been cut yet still confuses me. Maybe they want him to mentor the younger players I have no idea.

Greg McElroy: He had a very good college career at Alabama and now in his third season had a chance in week 16 last season to prove himself but lost to San Diego. He is a smart guy and I think a good backup to have but definitely not capable of being a starter yet. And unless injuries happen he will not get that chance in New York.

Mark Sanchez: When I think of Sanchez I think of the infamous butt fumble. But I also think about how he lead the Jets to two straight AFC championship games. He STRUGGLED mightily last season but keep in mind that he had no one to throw to and he was psyched by the arrival of Tebow. He can win you some ball games especially in the playoffs. This is going to be his make or break year for him so we should all stay tuned.

Matt Simms: He should probably get cut.

Geno Smith: We are several days after the draft and I am still flabbergasted as to why the Jets drafted him. I feel really sorry for him because he is a really good quarterback and this organization is in a little mess at the moment. I imagine he will become the second string quarterback thus we will have some potential to see him in action this year which is exciting because he is an electrifying player.

No comments:

Post a Comment